A successful business depends on many factors, the most significant one is the people you hire to represent your firm. The way your business is perceived depends on the employees and their abilities and skills to ensure the prosperity and goodwill of your business. It is vital that you choose employees with the best set of skills and experience to perform their jobs.
Most importantly you have to understand whether you will be hiring these employees yourself or will you be using commercial recruitment services to find the most suitable candidates for your firm. Regardless of the method you choose, it is always important to make an informed decision; therefore you should consider both the options carefully.
Let’s look at some pros and cons of both the options:
A recruitment agency is useful especially if you are looking to fill out a vacancy with a specialized role. However, let’s take into consideration both the pros and cons of this option.
- They have a large number of available candidates in their database so it might be easier and quicker to find a new employee especially if you wish to fill the vacancy as soon as possible.
- You will be able to concentrate more on your job, as you wont have to worry about the recruitment process.
- They have more networks that help them advertise which will enable them to find the best candidates with a specific set of skills
- You have to pay a certain fee for their services
- You have to make sure they completely understand what kind of candidates you are looking for
- It is not an affordable method, especially for small businesses
If you plan to do the hiring yourself, it might be difficult if you are not aware about the recruitment process, however, there are several advantages too.
- You are in control of the hiring process
- You are in charge to review all the applicants so you get to know a lot about them before the hiring process starts
- No fees involved
- You can choose the mediums of job advertisements yourself
- High chances of choosing a better candidate as you understand the values of your company
- Recruitment process is long and time consuming
- It might take you more time to fill up the position as you will have to screen all the applicants yourself
- Limited candidate pool
- It might distract you away from your busy schedule, hence, you might not be able to concentrate on your other tasks
- Less or no knowledge regarding the recruitment process
Hiring a recruiter might be expensive, however they can help you find a suitable match for your company in a limited amount of time. On the other hand, hiring yourself will save you money but it will also be time consuming since you will have to go through each resume yourself. So consider both the options and then decide which option is more suitable for your firm in terms of time and money.